Are you looking for a great Dentist?
Our office thinks dental hygiene in Salt Lake City is one of the most important ways you can keep your body healthy. Your teeth are one of the first things that people look at when they see you. If you are preforming proper basic oral hygiene in Salt Lake City then you will look younger and healthier if your teeth are in great shape, not to mention the confidence you will receive. This is not a difficult thing to accomplish. We want to teach you dental hygiene in Salt Lake City so you can look 10 years younger with brighter and whiter teeth.
Dental Hygiene in Salt Lake City
The first step to improve your dental hygiene in Salt Lake City is to get a great toothbrush. Your toothbrush should be changed every 3 months or until the bristles start to wear down. Now, you can choose any color, size, and shape of your brush. These features are not important. What is important is the bristle. You should choose a brush that has soft bristles. It will say on the package. This will clean more effectively without ripping your gums. The next step to dental hygiene is your toothpaste. You can really use any toothpaste you like. The important part of the toothpaste is the ingredient, fluoride. If your paste has fluoride then it will do the job. If you are looking to whiten your teeth as well, I suggest you see our teeth-whitening specialist, because he will explain to you the quickest and cheapest way to acquire whiter teeth. Dental hygiene in Salt Lake City is simple, as long as you take the time to do it right.
Basic Oral Hygiene in Salt Lake City
If you would like to see more images explain how to brush and floss your teeth, please visit this website: http://www.colgate.com/app/CP/US/EN/OC/Information/Articles/Oral-and-Dental-Health-Basics/Oral-Hygiene/Oral-Hygiene-Basics/article/What-is-Good-Oral-Hygiene.cvsp
Now that you have the tools to improve your basic oral hygiene in Salt Lake City, we will tell you how to use them properly.
- Place a glob of toothpaste the size of a pea onto your brush.
- Slightly wet your brush and place into your mouth. Your toothbrush should stay at a 45-degree angle so that it cleans both top and side of your teeth.
- Glide your toothbrush back and fourth across the front, back, and bottom of teeth which moving the brush in a circular motion. This will give you the best cleaning possible.
- Continue brushing until you have thoroughly brushed each tooth, especially the back teeth, because many people miss them. Brushing your teeth should take about 3 minutes to ensure that you have scrubbed every inch.
- After all teeth are brushed, you also need to brush your tongue. Glide the toothbrush back and forth up the top of the tongue to keep it clean and fresh. This will help take away any bad breath.
- Next, pull out a piece of floss that is about 18" long.
- Place this thread between your two pointer fingers and slide the floss between each tooth. Remember to floss between the gum line and your teeth so that food does not travel up into the gums.
There you have it, the secret to good basic oral hygiene in Salt Lake City, that shouldn't be a secret. We want everyone to take care of their mouth and clean it thoroughly. These steps will not just keep your teeth sparkly clean, but also smelling fresh.
Remember, great dental hygiene in Salt Lake City leads to a beautiful smile, less cavities, and more confidence. If you have any questions at all about your dental hygiene, call our office and we will answer any questions you may have.
Let us call you!
Enter your phone number and click "CALL ME NOW", its free. We will call you back fast and answer all your questions.